A knight's day in "Slovenian Tuscany"
Goriška Brda, October 29 – 31, 2021
On the horizon is the General Meeting of the Knights of St. George from Carinthia with the ceremonial placement (investiture) of the new knights.
The main event of the Slovenian Knights will take place this autumn on the border with Italy, in Brda, which is also considered “Slovenian Tuscany”, as this picturesque landscape excels and is far beyond, in all areas, from cultural, spiritual, tourist and culinary experiences.
This year’s “Knights’ Days” are therefore placed in an environment with rich cultural and historical heritage. The hills are justifiably the ideal host for our medieval order and all who are fascinated by noble knightly stories.
The weekend (October 29. -31.) will be reserved for the Knights event of the year:
on Friday, October 29, 2021 in the evening, we will gather at the Knights’ Chapter (choir of knights and aspirants, Hotel San Martin):
- at 6 pm a choir of knights and aspirants, the opening of the chapter, a spiritual and cognitive address and a working meeting on the topic “The mission of a knight in Slovenia and in the world”;
- at 8 pm, an inspection of the equipment of the knights’ candidates and the protocol for Saturday;
- at 9 p.m., dinner.
on Saturday, October 30, 2021:
- a bilateral program is planned in the morning at 10 am;
- followed by the Holy Mass at 6 pm in honor of St. George with a solemn knightly investiture (Šmartno) and
- at 8.15 pm an evening gala reception with dinner for members, friends and invited high guests (Villa Vipolže).
Reservations and registrations are already accepted: